Web Developer - PHP / Laravel
SEO / Web Developer - PHP / Laravel
SALARY: From £22,000 to £28,000 depending upon experience, with performance related bonus, mobile phone & pension.
Based in Wigan, Greater Manchester authors Management software suite have:
- in excess of 30 years of service management industry experience
- Hundreds of successful deployments
- Proven reliability and resilience
- Friendly and experienced consultants with industry knowledge
- 'Solution-based? approach to meet individual business requirements
- Industry leading customer retention levels
We are currently looking for a talented full-stack web developer with SEO knowledge to work full time alongside our experienced development team on a range of projects from our own website and client portal, to exciting new products that will join our existing portfolio of software.
The role provides ample opportunity for professional development in both hard and soft skills including experience with a broad range of Microsoft products, including Windows Server and SQL Server, as well as other products, such as Linux and our proprietary systems, along with other programming languages and frameworks that make up the product.
The role will include duties as follows:
- Ongoing maintenance of multiple existing PHP / Laravel projects
- Development of new projects, ranging from simple informative websites to complex, bespoke systems written in Laravel
- Optimisation of existing and new web products to ensure visibility of the brand on search mediums
- Care of social media accounts, with assistance from the Sales team
- Graphical design, including infographics
- Writing of technical documentation
You need to be dynamic and adaptable, with the ability to quickly make the right decisions within a fast-paced environment. Whilst not all essential, the ideal candidate will have experience of as much of the following as possible:
- Front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Strong PHP Knowledge, including experience developing with the Laravel framework
- Gulp, Bower, NodeJS and DVCS (Git or Mecurial)
- Strong SQL skills (MySQL or MSSQL)
- Experience with graphic design packages, such as Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
We recognise that as a candidate you may have had limited opportunity to gain some of the above skills; it is attitude, aptitude and ambition that are more important to us.
This vacancy s bei8ng managed by Darren Street at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526766