Continous Improvement Engineer
Our client are currently seeking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Engineer to work at their Ockley site, the successful candidate will play an integral part in in the training and implementation of continuous improvement projects from initiation through to delivery.
- To support the factories and operations in their implementation of the Plant Improvement Programme (PIP+) by facilitation, training, and coaching of employee groups and improvement teams.
- To embed the CI programme within the factory whilst delivering measurable and sustained cost-out improvements through the utilisation of lean tools and techniques.
- To coordinate the Wienerberger PIP+ roll-out programme
- Be prepared to lead a number of projects involving hands-on interaction, good problem-solving techniques, generating enthusiasm and supporting the teams.
- Training and coaching of teams in Lean tools and techniques
- Facilitation of improvement teams
- Be a major advocate of the Lean/CI/PIP ethos and methodologies
- Development of continuous improvement projects from initiation through to delivery.
- Establish metrics and KPI's to provide plant with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of lean activities.
- Prepare and keep up to date a Wienerberger Ltd Lean/CI/PIP Handbook/Manual.
- Stay up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques
- Build internal relationships across all departments
Minimum graduate level or similar level education in a manufacturing or engineering discipline.
Minimum 2 years's experience of lean coaching Project management skills and experience.
Strong team facilitation skills, especially managing change, managing teams, coaching and training others.
Process Mapping/VSM, FMEA, Pareto and Ranking and Process Capability (cp and cpk)
Hands on approach at all levels.
Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
An appreciation of production/process management within the manufacturing industry.
Formal lean qualifications.
Demonstrate successful experience of working with Lean tools and techniques - 5S, OEE, Problem Solving, Kaizen, 7 Wastes,
Highly credible and influential personality with tangible experience in the field of continuous improvement and culture change.
Project management skills
Flexibility in location as may be required to transfer to another factory within the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528196