Java / Scala Developer
Java / Scala Developer ? based in London (EC2)
Paying a competitive salary + great benefits
A truly exciting Artificial Intelligence (AI) start-up that is miles beyond their competition, is currently in an expansion phase and is seeking Developers who are a looking for an opportunity to build and expand their skill-set in a dynamic business environment. They can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and already profitable software company in its exciting early stages of expansion.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
For this position, they are looking for candidates with demonstrable experience in either Java or Scala Development, however if you have no Scala experience then you must be willing to learn.
You should have knowledge of the following:
- Java, Design Patterns, Test driven development
- Java frameworks for inversion of control (IOC), object relational mapping (ORM), model-view-controller (MVC)
- Scala experience or a passion to learn it on the job
- Concurrent and distributed system design
- Designing and implementing REST APIs
- Any experience with full-stack technologies (e.g. web application frameworks such as Play and any frontend technologies) would also be useful
- Learning about the company?s products, the technology within them and taking a lead on development of new features and bug fixing.
- Working with the development team to coordinate and prioritise work.
- Working with product managers to spec out new features.
- Adhering to good development practices and promoting these within the company.
- A passion to learn and improve within the company, work as part of a team and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Keeping abreast of state of the art software developments.
If you are looking for a development role within a successful start-up where technology is at its heart and you will genuinely play a key part in its future then please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526838