We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we?ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to dynamic expansion in our Cloud and Infrastructure Consulting team we require an experienced Infrastructure Technical Project Manager ideally with Cloud exposure to join our Managed Service Practice. A highly driven individual is required as they will have responsibility for a number of Cloud and Infrastructure related project work streams running in parallel. This individual will also be integral to the growth of the Cloud and Infrastructure Consulting Practice, working with the Head of Cloud and Infrastructure Consulting on business development through presales activities and Business Analysis activities such as business case development and infrastructure solution TCO assessments. The Cloud and Infrastructure Consulting Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for the individual to shape its strategic direction in regard of technology solutions and service lines with a focus on Cloud technology. The Practice is currently very active in Cloud computing, driven by a growing demand from our customers for speed of deployment, scalability, and greater cost efficiencies. Individuals with expertise in Cloud computing, or a strong desire to acquire experience in this exciting field, are encouraged to apply. This role can be based in Dublin or the UK, however travel to customer sites in Ireland and the UK may be required from time to time.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure technology, including Microsoft, Open Source, Networking and Datacentre hosting.
- Project managing several concurrent Cloud and Infrastructure Project work streams:
- Manage end-to-end project delivery: design, build, test, transition, go-live.
- Business Analysis in the form of workflow analysis and business case development.
- Planning, estimation and total cost of ownership.
- Cloud and Infrastructure Technical presales activities in conjunction with the technical pre-sale teams.
- Working with a diverse client base.
- Infrastructure technical background essential with working knowledge of Microsoft and Open Source stacks.
- Significant Infrastructure Project Management experience with associated PM qualification (Prince 2 preferred).
- Business Analysis experience ? Business requirements gathering, strong documentation skills, experience of running workshops, presentation know-how.
- Self-starter. Can take on assignments, driving through contacting the appropriate parties to get them done and escalate when progress is impeded.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working effectively within a team.
- Excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities.
- As a senior level business analyst/technical manager, you will possess excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- You will can deal with all levels of a client organisation, with a proven track record sizing and scoping business requirements into clearly defined specifications.
- A team player and self-motivated, you must demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos.
- You will possess very strong documentation skills, particularly in documenting business requirements and solutions.
- Experience working across multiple projects, and in a project team environment Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Infrastructure Presales experience an advantage.
- Cloud computing experience an advantage, specifically in Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Office 365.
- Previous consultancy experience a distinct advantage.
- Microsoft or Amazon certification an advantage.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529495