Telephony Technical Support Engineer - Up to 30k - Basingstoke
Telephony Technical Support Engineer ? Telecoms Provider ? Up to 30k - Basingstoke
An exciting and ambitious Telecommunications provider are looking for a Telephony Support Engineer to join their team. They are working with some incredibly interesting businesses including globally known sporting brands and some of the largest and most prestigious car dealerships in the world.
The role will require that you provide high level telephony support to their SME and enterprise level clients, both remotely and on site, you will be responding to calls and tickets from users, clearly identifying issues and troubleshooting through to resolution.
This role will involve travel when necessary and therefore a company car will be provided.
There is a great opportunity to learn and develop new skills within a fast-growing company and a great team.
- To handle customer technical support enquiries via telephone and email
- To provide hardware and software technical support for telephony solutions
- To resolve faults with equipment hardware and software configuration
- To amend system configuration as per customer change requests
- To adhere to an ITIL framework using in-house CRM system for incident management
- To escalate and liaise with system manufacturers and service providers
- To provide technical assistance & guidance to other departments
- Assist with the testing of customer fault scenarios or upgrade projects
- Achieve KPI?s as set by the management team
- To participate in 24x7 On-Call Rota (1 in 8)
- A good understanding of PBX, ISDN, VoIP & SIP technologies
- Knowledge and experience of On Premise & Hosted telephony platforms
- Experience of TCP/IP, LAN?s / WAN?s and associated routers, firewalls & switches
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems ? Server & Desktop
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide advice to non-technical customers
- Ability to work well within a team as well as individually
- PBX Telephony & Application knowledge: NEC, Avaya, Splicecom, Mitel/MiVoice, Samsung, Panasonic, would be advantageous.
- Hosted Telephony knowledge: Gamma Horizon, BT Centrex / BT IPVS or VanillaIP
Must be eligible to work in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528830