Procurement Executive Ref HP/896/06
Our client is an award winning British food business with over 20 years’ experience in the procurement, distribution, sales and marketing of excellent quality products sourced from around the world. They are passionate about great food that is ethically and responsibly produced and invest heavily in their employees.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for strategic global sourcing of products and buying the best quality goods and services at the most competitive prices.
- Will manage existing supplier relationships and search for new suppliers, using these relationships to maximise turnover and profitability and generate opportunities for the business.
- Research the market and/or new markets as required, to extend and improve the company’s product ranges.
- Manage product supply while ensuring appropriate stocks are available to meet customer demands, including correct packaging and quality.
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance in the areas of quality, delivery and responsiveness to corrective actions and sample requests.
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development.
- Degree qualified, 2.1 or above with at least 5 years’ experience in a procurement/ buying role. Exposure to international sourcing and importing regulations is preferred.
- Ideally have experience in a food/ FMCG environment with outstanding communication, negotiation & influencing skills.
- Strong tender and contract management exposure with the ability to prove you can operate in an autonomous role.
- Fluent English is a must, a 2nd European language would be an advantage.