Graduate - Banking - London
Essential Consulting are looking to bring on board high calibre graduates on a permanent basis. These graduates will be deployed to work on-site at a major UK bank on a high priority, regulatory driven project relating to MiFID II.
MiFID is the EU legislation that regulates firms who provide services linked to ?financial instruments? (shares, bonds, units in collective investment schemes and derivatives), and the venues where those instruments are traded. MiFID was applied in the UK from November 2007, but is now being revised to improve the functioning of financial markets in light of the financial crisis and to strengthen investor protection.
The changes are currently set to take effect from 3 January 2018, with the new legislation being known as MiFID II ? this includes a revised MiFID and a new Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR).
We are looking to bring on board graduates who are available to start on this programme ahead of the regulatory deadline and these graduates will be involved subsequently in the large volume of reporting and remediation work that will follow.
- The graduate consultant will be assigned tasks within the project and be expected to provide detailed, considered, complete and documented responses
- The graduate will be responsible for producing accurate and timely MI and reporting
- They must have a proactive, hands-on approach and be able to compile or analyse information through instructions provided verbally and with limited oversight
- The graduate must be responsive and delivery orientated
- The graduate must be able to clearly articulate approaches taken to, and rationale, for tasks
- The graduate must be capable of interacting with other employees in a collegiate and professional manner, obtaining their sign off and agreement of tasks, whilst achieving tasks in the required timelines
Typical KPIs and Targets
- Targets will be set in line with the project plan
KPI?s will generally consider:
- quality and completeness of tasks completed,
- achievement of delivery time lines.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Graduate, ideally with numerate/finance related degree graded 2.1 or above from a high ranking university
- ESSENTIAL ? Excellent Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills are a must. The graduate must be highly adept at using Excel to manipulate data sets
- Experience of MI, regulatory or risk reporting processes useful to have
- Some experience/exposure working in a banking/financial services environment.
- Excellent documentation and written skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and cope with rapidly changing priorities
- Sound judgment, analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think laterally
- Keen sense of urgency - able to achieve results quickly
- Able to manage numerous tasks with continual re positioning and prioritization
- Ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships across the bank
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Good understanding of financial markets.
- Excellent work ethic, flexibility to attend meetings via audio or video in a variety of time zones, including early mornings and late evenings on occasion.
- Ability to undertake in depth review of processes and products and provide a high quality analysis.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528716