SEN Teaching Assistant
–Primary school based
–E4 – Location
–Reception/nursery SEN teaching assistant
–Pay £65 per day
–Long term – If the candidate is successful then you will be asked you be offered to stay on a perm member of staff after 1 year
–Enhanced DBS required – Update service
Are you well driven and organised?
Do you have experience working as a SEN teaching assistant within early years?
Than this position could be just what you need to embark on a teaching career!
My client is looking for a well driven, organised and passionate SEN Nursery/Reception Assistant to join their ever expanding team. You will be part of an amazing primary school with a supportive and friendly staff team and leadership team that will be there to aid you to achieve the highest level of teaching possible.
This school aims to develop a strong sense of self and build pupils’ confidence, allowing them to be independent global citizens who develop life skills and achieve their full potential. They provide a safe and caring environment where children flourish and have the opportunity to build positive relationships, make reputable choices and be inspired to become life-long learners. They have a good Ofsted report and outstanding routes for progression for all staff members.
- excellent communication skills
- literacy and numeracy skills
- the ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- creative and practical skills for activities and displays
An ability to speak local community languages could be useful in some areas.
- Clarifying and explaining instructions to assure the child understandings?
- MAY require – nappy change, toiletry support and general support with snacks and lunch
- Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided ?
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs ? Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task ?
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about Pathway Plans and Education Health and Care Plans, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO ?
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies ?
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and sustain the pupil’s efforts and develop self reliance and self esteem.
- To mark pupils’ work under the direction of the class teacher
- To support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the Classroom
If this role suits you then we will be very happy to help you out and get a trial day if you are short listed!
Get applying today and we will respond within 24 hours or less!
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/77606986