Lead Project Planner
Veolia?s broad range of capabilities in the nuclear field have now been united within a new entity: Veolia Nuclear Solutions.
The business has operational centres in the UK, France, the USA, Canada and Japan and brings together a comprehensive range of technologies and services for facility restoration, decommissioning of plants, and the treatment of low-and intermediate-level radioactive waste, all nurtured by our nuclear experts and backed by thousands of Veolia staff worldwide.
In the UK the business includes Oxford Technologies Ltd which delivered the world?s first remote handling equipment to operate inside a nuclear fusion reactor. The business is staffed by an amazing group of uniquely-skilled designers, engineers and assemblers who are developing and delivering solutions to some of the most complex projects, which currently includes the UK, Europe and Japan.
Away from robotics the business is delivering solutions utilising the Group?s technologies in separation and stabilisation (e.g. Geo-melt, a unique batch vitrification process) and developing solutions leveraging the wide range of solutions available across the Veolia Group.
Lead Project Planner
Oxford Technologies Ltd, now part of the VNS business, is a recognised world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team by recruiting a Lead Project Planner who will take on responsibility for all aspects of project planning across the UK business building on the approach and systems currently in place.
The role will sit alongside and work in conjunction with Project Managers, the Lead Project Controller and the Engineering and Operations teams to provide project planning for all of our projects, as well as providing bid support, cost, Earned Value and resource reporting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Engineering, Design, Assembly, Procurement and the Management Team to build on the existing systems to support the growth of the company.
- Provide pre-active support to the project teams relating to all aspects of planning.
- Developing project and bid budgets for small and large, multi-discipline projects.
- Setting up projects and monitoring and tracking progress.
- To provide reports to the Project Managers regarding progress, Earned Value Management as needed and to add significant value to the whole process.
- Preparing project budgets, status reports and summary presentations.
- Supporting the overall project management of the company effort through the development, maintenance and reporting of project performance metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Project Planner in an engineering/technology environment providing routine and executive level cost, schedule and resource reports.
- Must be a great communicator and team player.
- An experienced user of Primavera P6 and MS Projects.
- A good understanding and experience with Earned Value Reporting.
- Educated to Degree level, ideal but not essential as experience is the critical factor.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of successful work.
- Flexible working attitude with the ability to work alone or as a team member.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.
- Experience in setting up and establishing best practice in all aspects of project planning and controls is required.
- Must be able to plan ahead, be well organized and able to prioritise.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526715