Business Analyst, Travel Retail (e-commerce)
Business Analyst/ Travel Retail - eCommerce - London, Europe
Our client provides business and technology consulting services to travel companies (helping travel companies build fit-for-purpose technology stacks and strategies) and is looking for a Senior Consultant with expertise in Digital / e-commerce projects.
The successful candidate will be based in London and travel to client sites around Europe, working on delivery or analysis projects related to airline digital retail and distribution.
Note: A substantial part of work involves being present on-site at their customers' offices, so a significant amount of international travel is required.
Proven years of experience working on Digital / eCommerce projects with the following specific experience:
- Working as a Business Analyst, Project Manager, Solution Architect, or similar
- Building effective digital user experiences and applications in complex domains
- Transactional / process-oriented applications involving complex back-end service integration (experience with travel-related systems would be an advantage)
- Leveraging online retail best practices in the design and optimisation process
- Experience co-ordinating requirements or solution design workshops, customer interviews and presentations to senior audiences
- Experience with procurement processes (e.g. RFIs / RFPs) and 3rd party vendor management would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of MS Visio and Project would be an advantage)
- Good public presentation skills
- Excellent command of English (good knowledge of other languages would be an advantage)
Requirements for this role:
- Proven track record on eCommerce projects e.g. as a Business Analyst, Project Manager and/or Solution Architect
- Ability to travel abroad, sometimes at short notice
- You have existing right to work in the UK and Europe
- Experience of working in small team often with little direction
- Great communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good PowerPoint presentations design ability
- Airline (or other travel-related) eCommerce and direct distribution technology, merchandising and PSS/reservation systems, payment systems, customer data and personalisation, etc.
- Understanding of the forces that influence airline online sales strategy (e.g. the market/competitors, regulatory, evolution of NDC
Office location: London, with up to 50% travel requires across Europe (Mon-Fri).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524855