IT and Telecoms Support Engineer - Castleford, Yorkshire
IT and Telecoms Engineer required to work for a long established IT Support consultancy firm in Castleford (within close proximity to M62/A1 motorway).
This is a multilevel technical role, responsible for providing desktop and server IT support to our Customers? end users and to support both traditional PBX and cloud based telephony systems. You will have the support of other engineers onsite and also access to 3rd line support for more complex issues.
You will also be responsible for building and deploying new servers and desktops, and migrating existing data and systems.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communications skills as you will be supporting users at all levels (junior staff to the Chief Executive).
- At least 3 years' experience in a mixed desktop/server IT support role with experience supporting end users directly.
- Experience managing a virtual server environment on a day to day basis e.g. verifying backups have been successful and basic troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of IT systems in a business environment covering VMware/Microsoft platforms.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills but knowing when to ask for help when you need it.
- To diagnose and replace faulty hardware on both IT and Telephony platforms.
- Experience in cabling and networking an advantage.
- We are a small team of people and require an overlap of skills, therefore a willingness to learn new skills is essential. Full training provided.
- Although you will be primarily office based, you will, on occasion need to attend our Customers? sites. Therefore, you must be able to drive and have a clean driving licence.
Technical knowledge required:
- Windows 7 - 10
- Office 2013 - Office 2016
- Office 365 including migration
- Windows Server 2008 ? 2016
- VMware vSphere
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server
Technical knowledge that would be advantageous:
- SQL Server
- Dynamics CRM
- Development skills (C#, Java, T-SQL)
- Traditional PBX (Avaya, Ericson, NEC)
- Firewalls and Networking
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526692