Confirmation of Vacancy
Reporting to R&D Director
UK and International travel
Overall Job Purpose
To work as an active member of R&D Dept. to develop the technology roadmap by working with product management, technology partners and universities.
To identify, evaluate and recommend new technologies for integration into EC products
- Develop and manage the technology roadmap
- Develop partnerships with relevant companies and bodies to ensure we identify emerging technologies that could add value to our products.
- Critically evaluate new technologies to determine their applicability to our products
- Work with NPD to integrate new technologies into products
- Define and develop performance based test plans in order to validate new technologies
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates at the outset of new projects
- Follow company development procedures ensuring full documentation is completed for all projects.
- To work within the Company?s ISO Standards and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Excellent knowledge of:
- Sensors and sensing systems (structured light, stereoscopic cameras, Time of Flight, 3d Cameras, thermal imaging, capacitive sensing etc)
- Communications mechanisms and protocols. RS232, RS485, Ethernet, CAN Bus, ModBus (ASCII and RTU).
- Internet of Things
- Electric motors preferably for automation and / or robotics
Some knowledge/experience of:
- EMC requirements and design with regard to CE certification.
- Use of CAD. Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- SW application development (python, java, C#, etc)
- Embedded FW development (C, C++)
Five Core Competencies
- Job Knowledge & Expertise
- Delivering Results
- Communication Skills
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Our client offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package. To apply for this position, please go through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company.
Terry Parris Associates are recruitment consultants who value the needs of their clients and candidates. We are always happy to discuss vacancies, so if you are interested in this or any other position we have please give us a call.
Salary: £60k East Sussex Job Ref: 4023TPP
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527188