Graduate 1st line Support Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPS,infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model?, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group, India?s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 353,000 of the world?s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $16.5 billion for year ended March 31, 2016 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India.
We are currently recruiting for our 2017 Graduate Talent Recruitment scheme. As part of this scheme we have a structured initial learning program for 3 months followed by our continuous learning program. We are hiring for the role of a Graduate 1st line Support Engineer.
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Act as link between end users, Service Delivery team and Technical support teams
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups, Tape Management & Data Centre support or activities)
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incidents
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
- Escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- A team player with a willingness to assist colleagues
- Flexible 'can do? attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow instructions
- Reliable and punctual
- Hard working and dedicated
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure
* Due to the nature of this role and the possibility of European travel, candidates are expected to satisfy the requirements for free movement of workers within the EU Member States (which may include, for example, a requirement to hold a valid EU passport).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525833