Software Analyst (Asset Management)
Software Analyst - To work within the Software Asset Management (SAM) team supporting the day to day operation of the SAM function.
Responsible for the upkeep of SAM records and associated data to ensure that software is deployed and managed within licence entitlements or corrective action instigated.
- Responsible for the recording of the software asset records including relevant attributes and their relationships are managed, accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for the upkeep of software entitlement library and information of software licenses purchased.
- Record details of all software Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes.
- Maintain the Software Catalogue.
- Administer incident, work order and email queues.
- Maintenance of the Software Licensing documentation and administration of physical and electronic software licenses and associated physical media.
- Under direction conduct regular audits of the installed estate comparing the results with the software asset register and manage reconciliation and the accuracy of the SAM data.
- Under direction manage lifecycle of project software licence acquisition plans from creation through sign-off to transition, ensuring that all licensable software deployed is identified and the associated licence requirement addressed accordingly.
- Assist with new software requests and software upgrades, including tidy up of associated records and removal of unused or upgraded software.
- Liaise with the IT Sourcing team to recommend and or assist with the procurement of licences, and contract renewals.
- Functions as the day to day operations subject matter expert in Software administration.
- Acts as policy guardian for the Software administration process.
- Interacting with other key ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management in order to resolve incidents effectively whilst keeping SAM data up to date at all times.
- Working knowledge of the software licence life-cycle from purchasing through deployment to decommissioning beneficial.
- ITIL Foundation beneficial.
- ISEB Certificate in Software Asset Management beneficial.
- Familiar with the licensing concepts of most major Publishers beneficial.
- Familiarity with software licensing and license use rights (entitlements) - software contract entitlements etc.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, specifically user and group management.
- Working knowledge of Remedy ITSM Suite of products, Asset Vision or equivalent.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Share Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Childcare vouchers, Health Care Cash Plan, Bike Scheme etc.
- Free Parking
- Free and regular shuttle bus connecting to local bus and train stations and the city centre.
- Excellent location with shops, coffee shops, restaurants, a florist, hairdressers, beauty salon and nursery.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529182