Mechanical Design Engineer required on a permanent basis in Central London.
I am currently requiring for a Mechanical Design Engineer, with a fire suppression or sprinkler system experience, to undertake an exciting role within a market leading and ever evolving organisation, who are at the forefront of technical installation and maintenance.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer must hold an LPCB Accredited.
Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications:
- HNC Mechanical Engineering and Thermodynamics & Electrical Endorsements
- ONC Mechanical Engineering
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers
- Fellow of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management
- Incorporated Engineer IEng
- LPCB Accredited.
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Provide support to other the client?s directorates in MEP engineering disciplines.
- To identify and manage technical risk in MEP engineering across the programme.
- Technical review of designs developed by Contractors in respect of safety by design, technical acceptability and compliance with standards and requirements.
- Review of Constructability and Maintainability of Contractors? designs developed by the Contractors
- Initiate and support value management/engineering initiatives and to promote and support common design and standardisation where appropriate
- Take reasonable care of your own and others? health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the client?s Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with The client?s in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for the clients? vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the clients? Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put The clients? information or information systems at risk
Mechanical Design Engineer Specialist Responsibilities
- Lead responsibility for technical responses, promoting common design and standardisation for the design
Mechanical Design Engineer Key Competences
- The client?s MEP Mechanical Engineers are able to demonstrate their competency, through knowledge and experience, of:
- A Chartered qualification in Mechanical Engineering or an associated discipline
- Experience of and successful track record in a similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project
- Good level of experience in the design, construction or management of railway building services works in Gas/Public Heath
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting the provision of building services on a major railway project
- Mechanical Gas/Public Health Systems and their integration with other Mechanical Systems and all other MEP, Fire and Controls Systems
- Multi-disciplinary design of railway infrastructure, and the associated design co-ordination and integration
- Delivery of major infrastructure projects and Engineering Management procedures
- Application of Assurance principles and management of Assurance procedures
- Understanding of railway operations and operational safety
- Hazard identification, risk mitigation and management in design
- Infrastructure Manager, and other, relevant Regulations, Standards, Concessions, and relevant engineering and technical guidance and best practice
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529337