Affecto are proudly working with Sheffield's most advanced engineering companies who provide a range of electronic and software control and safety products into the rail industry across the UK and worldwide.
They are looking for an intelligent, flexible and experienced software engineer to join their highly successful team.
The role will include development of new products, adding features and maintenance of our existing product range. You must have a genuine interest in software development and be a forward thinking and proactive individual.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Software design, coding and testing using C++ for embedded system development.
- Product support documentations such as software architecture documentation, software specifications, test specifications and test results.
- Unit and system testing.
- Supporting our engineers in the installation and fault finding / diagnostic of the company's products.
- Participation in code reviews.
- Ideally a good software engineering (or similar) degree.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of embedded C++ programming in resource constrained systems.
- Experience of developing applications in Microsoft Windows.
- Appreciation of Python programming.
- Arm microcontrollers and embedded electronics.
- Control networks / Lonworks.
- Product design.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior or established software engineer to join a team of experts in their field. If this sounds like a role that you would be a good fit for, please get in touch!
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Affecto Recruitment support all roles within IT including Software Developers, Android and iOS Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Test Analysts, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, MI Analysts and Embedded Software Engineers with a vast range of clients UK wide but predominantly in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529620