I'm working with a startup who are building a bank you be will joining a highly skilled team who ensure our development teams can rapidly deliver and maintain cutting-edge experiences for the UK retail banking market. You will be largely self-motivated in managing a range of tools and automated processes.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with a strong scripting background in cloud-oriented architectures.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that:
- Strives for continuous deployment of both applications and infrastructure in the cloud platform
- Builds and configures the tools and scripts of our automated deployment pipeline
- Participates actively in discussions with peers to identify issues and continually improve the overall system for everyone
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Experience using scripts to automate the configuration of services and tools via their APIs or SDKs (e.g. PowerShell, Python, .Net Core, NodeJS)
- Experience developing in a source-controlled workspace (e.g. Git)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code approach to automating platform provisioning (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Azure ARM Templates)
- Experience with build and deployment tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS Code Deploy)
- Understanding of the software engineering lifecycle, including design, architecture, test automation, deployment automation, monitoring and alerting
- Leverage open-source over proprietary framework and tooling
- A passion for championing the customer.
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Good communication skills, intellect and energy.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working.
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style.
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- Always eager to learn new skills
- Likeable and fun
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529232