Here we have an opportunity for a Marketing Manager or aspiring Marketing Executive to come on board this successful organisation and take ownership of the Marketing function. As well as opportunity to grow in the role, you will also have scope to learn about new markets and elements to Marketing.
Our client is one of the authorities in the industrial world, based in Huddersfield. They have been pioneers throughout the World Wars, and have consistently driven the market forward through innovation. There is quite simply no other business quite like it.
The successful Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following:
- To manage and develop the website for SEO.
- To review continually and communicate the value proposition of the business, in line with any and all changing customer requirements.
- To lead and manage the development of industry-leading promo literature and presentation materials.
- To oversee and drive global exhibition attendance.
- To drive forward the online presence of the business on Social Media Platforms.
- To organise Customer "Open Days" across the global businesses.
- To manage and maintain the relationships with key industry publications, involving the writing of feature articles and press releases.
- To provide required support to our Service Centre and worldwide manufacturing network
- To produce internal presentations, for example, the annual budget presentation.
- Provide the necessary planning and leadership in order to meet and exceed the goals of the outlined Marketing plan.
- Take the overall responsibility for driving and developing the yearly marketing plan for the organisation; This will involve strategic market planning, market research programmes and also control of a marketing budget.
- Prepare product marketing plans for future product introductions, in cooperation with your colleagues in senior management.
- Build and maintain a system of reports and communications, for information from the marketing department to the sales team. This will then be followed up by feedback from the sales team to the marketing team.
- Ensure that the relevant people in the business. Eg. The sales team are all aware of Marketing plans for the future.
- Report on overall marketing group activities to senior management colleagues.
- Be in charge and thus accountable of all spending in regards to marketing activities and the measure all direct campaigns including ROI.
- Provide management information to board level on marketing campaigns to determine success.
- Responsible for the marketing forecasts on revenue, spend and lead generation
- Build key relationships with individuals in the industry at appropriate key influencing level, ultimately building and demonstrating credibility both internally and externally.
- Identify and look into new media opportunities and test campaigns.
- Being responsible for the creative and content of all marketing campaigns and materials. You will also effectively manage any third party service providers used.
- Hit each of the agreed Marketing KPI's.
- Make the business notorious as a brand with a reputation for exceptional delivery and as an employer of choice.
- Work with the sales teams to scope future opportunities and positioning required; including expertise for Business development tenders and presentations.
- Work with your line manager Director to promote the business as an employer of choice and promote and improve internal communication. You will also create proactive communication initiatives to ensure positive staff engagement.
- To oversee all internal communication within the business.
- Finally, you will liaise & develop professional networks with a range of internal and external contacts including the media, commercial partners and Members of Parliament.
The Marketing Manager will need to have a sound understanding of, and experience in, marketing in an industrial products environment. Ideally, this should be within the Engineering sector. Knowledge of customer and competitor activities will of course be an advantage!
The Marketing Manager will also need to demonstrate clear skills and experience across a full marketing mix - experience in multi-channel campaign development and execution is essential. This role would suit a broad marketer, with the ability to think both strategically as well as manage tactical delivery. The capability to develop, and maintain positive relationships (both internally and externally) to support change within a global business is also a must.
You have to be an excellent team player, who can work and function autonomously, provide leadership as required, and the credibility to influence personnel at all levels. You have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and throw yourself into the day to day hard graft of Marketing!
You'll also need to be a thorough planner and live for organisation. You're going to apply time and effort in proportion to the priorities of the work in order to meet deadlines, so time management is also key!
Decision making ability is also a real plus. Timely decision will need to be made, based on analysis, experience and judgement- this will be your responsibility!
Finally, you should be driven, motivated and determined to succeed in every way you can!
On offer is the chance to work in an industry leading business, with a fantastic package too. You can also travel internationally in the role, as little or as much as you want!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526676