Java Application Developer
JAVA APPLICATION DEVELOPERS ? SCISYS UK LTD
The SCISYS Group is a leading developer of IT services. We develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit.
SCISYS has delivered solutions and services in a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space.
SCISYS have vacancies for experienced Java Application Developers to contribute to a number of exciting projects with our Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division. We are looking for enthusiastic developers who can work effectively in teams to deliver high quality software solutions. Successful candidates will be able to work to deadlines; have good communication skills; be flexible in moving between projects and in assimilating new technologies. From time to time you will be asked to work on customer sites throughout the UK, and you must be willing to undergo security clearances. You will be based in our Bristol or Chippenham office.
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a scientific discipline
- Experienced Java Application Developer
- An understanding of software best practice
- Experience of working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills
Desirable skills - any knowledge or experience of the following:
- Core Web Development (XHTML, CSS, User Interface Design)
- Development with Open Source Products e.g. Alfresco, Joomla, MongoDB
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
- REST & Web Services
- Java (Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Java EE)
- Agile development practices
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Maven, Subversion, Git
- Experience of Agile/Scrum
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
Willing to work on customer site
Willing to work on defence projects
Must be eligible to work in the UK
Must either have SC clearance or be able to obtain it
Please apply online and complete the online application form to be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528821