2+ PQE Transactional Legal Counsel
City of London
Exciting opportunity for a transactional lawyer to make a first in house move.
Over the summer Towergate became part of The Ardonagh Group, a family of leading insurance distribution and services businesses. But we do a lot more than insurance: we are owned by private equity/alternative investment investors and recently completed one of the most complex refinancing transactions in the City. We are also undergoing a change programme which involves re-looking at a large number of our commercial arrangements ? this role will sit firmly at the centre of those plans. The deals that the successful candidate will be working on will include high value, complex projects and will involve daily interaction with stakeholders at all levels, including the Executive and our investors.
Minimum of two years post-qualification experience in the Commercial/IT or Insurance departments of a top 100 law firm (a background in Corporate/M&A/Banking/Finance will also be considered).
Experience in a regulated environment, including familiarity with insurance-related documents, and in-house/secondment experience is desirable but not essential.
- Assisting with a range of transactional work, with a focus on commercial matters but potentially also including corporate, finance and insurance work.
- Effectively identifying, assessing and managing legal and reputational risk.
- Building relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- manage internal and external stakeholders in relation to complex transactional matters;
- draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence and documentation, with appropriate form and style;
- clearly explain legal matters, related business issues and solutions to stakeholders at all levels and deliver advice in a relevant and timely manner;
- build relationships across the business;
- work to tight timetables within a fast-paced dynamic environment; and
- be flexible and adaptable.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please apply online. No agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527720