Back End Developer
Awesome Senior Back End Developer
We are an innovative fast-growing tech company, and we're looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our Language team.
We are a SaaS (software-as-a-service) startup based in Putney, SW London. We've received seed investment and we work with big brands like Virgin Holidays, B&Q, Domino's and Gumtree.
Our unique tech uses artificial intelligence to create marketing language that increases response rates. We use technologies like natural language processing and machine learning to automatically create marketing language that out-performs humans. No lie! There?s nothing else like our product on the market. It?s awesome.
We are venture-backed by a huge PLC agency and Galvanise Capital. Our latest funding round was one of the first major VC investments in Britain post-Brexit - because what we do is awesome, and our investors agree!
We are two minutes from Putney overground station, and five minutes from East Putney tube.
The Senior Back End Developer will be responsible for:
- the management of the Salesforce integration
- understanding both the commercial and internal dynamics associated with integration
- guiding us towards wider integration in future, from the initial Salesforce reference point
- overseeing the input and output of colleagues working within JS and Node.js
- devising more specific technical briefs related to JS and Node.js
- supporting the team as a technical in-house resource, available to quickly debug and solve problems, provide feedback and keep the team informed of status
We don't mind what you've studied in the past, or where, or when, but ideally you will have been working recently in a back end development role, and you'll need:
- 3+ years' experience in back end development
- advanced proficiency in JS, up-to-date JS best practice, and Node.js
- good knowledge of ES2015, MongoDB and REST best practices
- solid experience of working on a Node.js-based web application, with responsibility for integration
- familiarity with SOAP based APIs
- production experience within a back end framework such as Express
- knowledge of another language such as TypeScript, Flow or PureScript
- previous experience of managing colleagues to deliver projects in a timely and accurate way
- exceptional attention to detail, and strong analytical skills
- excellent communication skills - you'll have an opinion, be able to say "no" when necessary, and back up your viewpoint rationally
- experience of working in a small team as an effective, trustworthy and upbeat team player
In addition to the specifics of the job, we are looking for colleagues who are 'awesome', with emphasis on the following:
- Accurate (and awesome)
- Witty, playful and phun
- Expert communicators
- Seriously creative
- Outstandingly practical - muck in and get stuff done
- Entirely phact-based and data- driven
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 20 days' holiday (rising to 25 days from Jan 2018)
- Perkboxmembership - including 24 hour confidential telephone helpline
- An incredible journey aboard one of London?s hot new startups - and all of the excitement that comes along with it!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526456