Sitec has a requirement for Design Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterborough.
This position is an opportunity for a Design Engineer to join the Mechanical Design team and be responsible for the design and implementation of engine test equipment located within the Europe Research and Development Centre.
In this role you will be responsible for the design of components and assemblies which could include engine rigging systems, mechanical systems, driveline components and unique test rigs.
You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards and excellent communication skills.
In order to do this you will have a good working knowledge of solid modelling (CREO), detail drawing and geometric tolerancing, coupled with experience and a comprehensive understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practice.
Job Duties / Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* CAD Design of components and assemblies
* Completion of component and group drawings
* Involving other engineers and technical resources to address detailed technical problems
Key competencies / qualifications required
* Engineering degree or relevant experience
* Creo CAD experience
* Geometric tolerancing knowledge
* Ability to understand detailed drawings and technical specifications
* Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Powerpoint)
* Good mechanical aptitude
* Team player with the ability to interact positively with all functions and organisation levels
* Productive and able to manage own work
* Good communicator
* Flexibility and ability to operate under pressure
* Creo Simulate experience
* Understanding of engine test environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523088