Principal Software Engineer C++ / Software Team Leader
Principal Software Engineer C++ / Software Team Leader.
C++, Embedded, OOD, Aviation, Radar, GPS, Communication Systems, RF, Antenna Systems for Military and Civil users.
Our client is looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer/Team Leader. An opportunity has arisen to work with their highly skilled team at their R&D Facility in Leatherhead.
As a Principal Software Engineer / Software Team Leader you have a proven track record of working in a commercial environment on software projects. The successful candidate will join their experienced team, as they continue the development of their world-leading Ground Penetrating Radar and Integrated Communications Environment products.
As a Principle Software Engineer C++ / Software Team Leader your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree, MSc or equivalent experience.
- Team working ability and drive to deliver on time.
- Solid C++ experience.
- Object Oriented Design and Programming experience.
- Experience of embedded processors.
- Experience of interfacing with hardware devices.
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycles and processes.
- Leadership/managing teams experience.
- Experience of requirement analysis both internal and from the customer.
- Software architecture.
- Customer facing.
- Behavioural: self-starting, adaptable, problem solving.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with GUI/event-based design.
- Experience with embedded operating systems.
- Knowledge of aviation regulatory standards for software: DO-178.
- Familiarity with Qt.
- Experience programming peripheral interfaces, particularly Ethernet, SPI, serial ports.
- Test driven development experience.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Git and Atlassian Bamboo.
As a Principle C++ Software Engineer / Software Team Leader your main responsibilities will involve:
- The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level microprocessor code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- This will be undertaken alongside other technical activities while working with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from future product requirements.
- Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of embedded algorithms, peripheral drivers, protocols, human-machine interfaces and documentation of the same.
- A key element of the role will be the delivery of new software within agreed timescales and to budget.
- The right candidate will be comfortable managing a small team and delivering robust code. Demonstration of competence in using C/C++ is essential as is embedded programming experience of both low level and high level code.
Principal Software Engineer / Software Team Leader? C++, Embedded, OOD, Aviation, Radar, GPS, Communication Systems, RF, Antenna Systems for Military and Civil users.
Salary ? Competitive plus bonus and Flexi Time
Location ? Leatherhead, Surrey
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525820