Network Test Engineer - NMS, IXIA, SPIRENT, DV
Test Engineer - Contract - South Wales
Our client is looking for a Test Engineer to develop test materials pertaining to the Network Management System (NMS) element of the system as part of the test team. The successful candidate will execute tests as part of Integration Test activities and provide knowledge transfer of the test materials to the acceptance test team.
Experience if IXIA is highly desirable, experience of using Spirent Test Centre will also be considered as this is similar to IXIA.
- At least 3 years NMS test engineering experience of testing systems utilising WhatsupGold Total Plus and BMC Footprints for their Service Desk, Communication Management, Configuration Management, Service & System Monitoring and Functional Services Management.
- Knowledge of network (incl VLAN), system and application level troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience of projects involving multiple suppliers using varying delivery and test approaches.
- Knowledge and experience of IEEE829 and BS7925-2.
- Proven experience in an industry standard Test Management and Defect Management tool, e.g. HP ALM (formerly Mercury Quality Centre), Rational Test Manager.
- Understanding of Problem, Change, Release and Configuration Management processes.
- Produce Test Stage Test Plans for NMS Integration and Acceptance Test Phases
- Prepare Test Stage Test Scripts, detailing test steps, test data and expected results
- Track and report test progress against stage test phase execution schedules
- Contribute to the production of the Test Stage Test Exit Reports
- Peer review of T&V team test deliverables and Engineering design documentation
- Assist in the defining of the test environment configuration required to support scheduled tests during a stage test phase
- Support NMS integration test activities including test execution of test phase test scripts, record and verify results and capture defects upon observation of non-compliance
- Perform knowledge transfer of NMS acceptance tests across to the Romanian acceptance test team.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Project or similar planning tool.
- Broad understanding of the Prince2 project management methodology.
- Broad understanding of the Rational Unified Process software engineering process.
- Experience of IXIA test tools for automation and performance monitoring.
- Ability to receive tasks and work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be concise in both written and verbal communications.
- Multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both internally within the T&V project and Customer.
- Educated to ONC diploma level either in a science or engineering based subject - desirable or equivalent experience.
- Formal qualifications in testing (Foundation level of ISEB Software Testing) - highly desirable.
- Relevant manufacturers or technical courses (i.e. Oracle, SQL).
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959526900