Production Engineer - Doncaster
We have an opportunity for a Production Engineer to join the Technical Services team, for an expanding Rail Refurbishment company of high-end railway components - axles and wheelsets for high-speed transit locomotives, passenger trains, trams and underground trains and be based at their Doncaster facility.
The Production Engineer will be responsible for undertaking engineering activities to ensure that all products supplied by the company are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and customer specifications.They will provide technical and engineering support to the production facility and other areas of the business, contributing to the development and growth of the company
- Working to product standards and specifications, and providing engineering support within the company and to its customer base;
- Supporting product safety and reliability;
- Writing of technical work instructions and procedures;
- Supporting First and Final Article Inspections;
- Undertaking document and drawing reviews for a wide range of bogie components;
- Resolving Customer/Supplier/Internal technical queries;
- Analysing production data to implement process and product improvements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Technical Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering and/or registered as an Incorporated Engineer with a relevant institution;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Analytical skills in reading and understanding technical specifications;
- Ability to work from own initiative and in a team environment;
- Problem solving skills;
- Service-oriented and commercially minded;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines;
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working in the rail industry;
- Knowledge of rail engineering design and manufacture of rolling stock;
- Knowledge of metrology and NDT techniques.
Salary and Benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on ************ Rail01
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523098