My client is operating in the public sector, seeking a Pensions Specialist to join their organisation on an 18 month fixed term contract. This individual should have a good understanding of Pensions and the role has an investment focus to ensure an appropriate level of investment support to the Trustees. However, as a small specialist team and the job holder will be expected to support colleagues and assist in the overall duties of the team.
- Trustee meeting preparation including writing Trustee minutes and papers.
- Working closely with the Investment Consultants and the Investment Adviser in managing the scheme's investments; implementing Trustee policies and maintaining and improving the governance arrangements in place.
- Acting as primary contract for the Fund managers and Custodian; arrange for preparation of all tax documentation for signatories; manage the implementation of Trustee investment decisions; monitoring and improving reporting arrangements.
- Assisting with general stewardship and investment monitoring duties
- Attend investment manager meetings to review performance and ensure that managers continue to invest the Fund's assets in accordance with their mandate.
- Updating the Statement of Investment Principles.
- Support the Trustees in meeting the requirements of the UK Stewardship Code and to update the Trustees' Statement of Compliance to the UK Stewardship Code.
- Assist with procurement and implementation of new investment mandates and new third-party contracts.
- Experience of working with and supporting Trustees of a defined benefit pension scheme
- Knowledge and experience of pension scheme investments; managing investment mandates and the governance of these arrangements
- Very strong organisational skills with demonstrable experience of planning and prioritizing workload to meet strict deadlines
- Gained or studying for the APMI (Associate of the Pensions Management Institute) or over 5 years experience of working in the pensions industry.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524883