IT Project Manager
Contract IT Project Manager
Capita are hiring on behalf of a leading business in the south west who are looking to hire x2 contract IT project managers on a 3-6-month basis with flexible day rates.
The successful project manager will need to come from an engineering/retail background, be familiar with Agile/Scum methodologies and have some experience with either confluence or JIRA.
- Manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and issues; and devise contingency plans with support/input from the relevant technical authority
- Coordinate the teams to gain consensus on deliverables and assist and guide the team in understanding technical solutions and available options
- Prioritise and manage a number of project elements
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project scope changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results on a regular basis
- Ensure the project remains within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the Risk, Action & Issue List (RAIL) tracker
- Ensure the process for issues management and escalation are adhered to.
- First Degree (Engineering preferable) or equivalent
- Formal Project Management training/ qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Critical thinking and good problem-solving skills
- Planning, organising & monitoring work to tight timescales
- Ensure projects are kept on track, by negotiating effectively and influencing at all levels
- Effective communication skills, verbal & written
- Ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and external suppliers
- Good time management
- Adaptable and able to use own initiative.
Essential behavioural skills:
- Good project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
- Good written and oral communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Commercially aware
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527404