Java Developer - Big Data
The Associates are looking for 2 Java Developers to join a rapidly growing Client who is a smart data discovery company which enables organisations to discover data, map it, plan for it, used for a range of solutions ? Big Data & RDBMS instances. 1 Developer will be focused on the Back-end and the other will be full stack with Angularjs.
The product utilises machine learning algorithms to dramatically increase the accuracy, intelligence and speed of learning of complex data elements and data relationships throughout the entire business environment. This helps the enterprises trace data elements across their systems down to metadata level.
The product has been custom-built by a team with a deep understanding of data challenges, giving us first-hand insight and appreciation into their customers? diverse and complex data needs.
It allows business and technology users to easily find, understand and leverage the data within the organisation.
How will this position make an impact?
As a Java Engineer, you will be responsible for development, coding and unit testing the product functions and features.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for a wide range of activities including but not limited to:
- Work as a member of the Java team and deliver functionality and assignments per product roadmap
- Participate in the project from business requirements through design to implementation using Agile and Jira
- Scale, design and improve the core components of the product
- Solve complex technical challenges for the product
- Support client implementations and ensure that product works with different customer scenarios
- Work as member of the globally distributed development team
- Build, test, integrate and release using Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
- Troubleshoot issues
A highly motivated, skilled and experienced Big Data Developer to implement innovative solutions in the big data space.
- 5 - 7 years of JAVA experience
- Proficient in Java with Multi-Threading and Memory management
- Java performance engineering
- Expertise with general open source software, including but not limited to Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, Web Containers, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Expertise with Linux shell, git (or equivalent) modern version control and continuous integration.
- Production-grade Spark application experience using JAVA as a programming language (Not Scala).
- Expertise in Hadoop (Hive, YARN, HBase), MapReduce programming
- Exposure to search technologies such as SOLR, Elastic Search (ELK) and, as a plus, Lucene.
- Experience working in streaming, big data sets
Nice to Have:
- Proficient in Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL and Data Frames, with at least one implementation on Spark that includes Hadoop ecosystem experience
- Experience in Big data and distributed processing technologies like Kafka, Storm, NiFi, Streamsets etc.
- Hands-on experience with JDBC to communicate with Databases with knowledge of SQL, Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers in databases like Oracle, MySQL.
- Exposure to working with unstructured datasets.
Additional Java Developer requirements
- Quick learner of new technologies
- Must be advanced / proficient in English
- Able to travel to US, UK as required
- Able to work with globally distributed teams
- You enjoy start up culture and are committed to driving things to achieve goals
- You are flexible and creative and can work in a non-corporate environment
- You have a true Engineering DNA with experience in a fast-paced development environment
- You go over and above if you love what you do
As a Senior Java Developer - What?s in it for you?
- The opportunity to develop unique data product in a rapidly expanding category
- The chance to be an early employee in a rapidly growing product company
- Ability to implement your ideas and differentiate yourself in the industry as an expert
- Working in awesome team environment of like minded people
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525223