Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer with extensive skills in UX Design / usability ideally from complex enterprise systems / web systems background who can balance a strong user focus / usability with expert skills in user experience and interaction design working in Agile environments is required to work on complex ecommerce business system with business logic / workflow to work on 6 month contract for world leading ecommerce company in West London.
Skills required as a Senior UX Engineer
Exceptional UXer / user-focus with expert knowledge of usability and experience design ideally with an ecommerce background.
- Experience of creating cross-device interaction design concepts , wireframes and paper prototypes
- Ability to work as UX thought leader within for cross functional Agile development teams
- Demonstrable experience in delivering fun, innovative interface designs that have delivered commercial success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing, comprehension and mediation skills.
- Expert knowledge of visual design tools (e.g. Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Illustrator or similar).
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Aware of browser constraints and capabilities, and will be familiar with grid systems.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be a real plus.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels within the business both with stakeholders and Developers.
- A very good understanding of platform constraints, browsers and accessibility guidelines.
- A Human Computer Interaction / HCI or related advanced degree, or proof of an equivalent level of expertise
- Experience with optimising websites for social merchandising and user-generated content.
- A keen interest and awareness of future developments in website trends and innovations.
- Experience of online commercial success.
Key elements of the role will include
- You will work collaboratively with the engineering team, product owners and business stakeholders to ensure an efficient transition of the interactive design into development, release and evaluation.
- You will have demonstrable experience in delivering engaging, simple and commercially successful experiences and personal experience of defining, conducting analyzing and presenting findings of User Research.
- Strong influencing and mediation skills with both senior stakeholders and peers are crucial within this role.
- Providing UX thought-leadership and guidance within the cross-functional development team and across the business users.
- Defining, maintaining and evangelizing UX principles both within the delivery teams and with the management teams to ensure a cohesive experience.
- Developing & maintaining a deep understanding of the users, their behaviours, needs and expectations. Dissemination of this knowledge and insight within in the team and to the product owners will be a key responsibility.
- Championing the users needs, making realizable, innovative and cross-device recommendations & solutions for the development of our product (i.e. usability, interaction design and functionality) via collaborative design workshops, lo-to-high fidelity concepting, wire framing & prototyping
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment business in respect of contract positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527464