Design Engineers - Senior Designers - Consumer Electronics
Design Engineers - Senior Designers - Consumer Electronics/Consumer Products
I am looking for a number of design engineers up to Project Lead level for Global consumer Electronics Company based in the West Midlands.
You will be joining a talented team of engineers, designers, model makers and customer service advisors who are dedicated to designing and creating innovative products.
As a Design/Senior Design Engineer you will responsible for the design and development of new products.
Your role will include the following:
- Conduct feasibility studies and new projects
- Investigate and develop new product concept ideas
- Provide aesthetic and user orientated design solutions to the specifications and requirements
- Detail design with integration of the appropriate manufacturing processes
- High standard of design work, design control, robust design and design for manufacture
- Fabrication of / instigating prototypes to prove out and develop new concepts
- Testing products, components, prototypes, technologies, recording test results for review and action
- Use of CAD to produce development concepts and detailed design for hand over to manufacturing partner(s)
- Assisting in transfer of product from development to manufacturing
- Provide component specifications to procurement dept. for sourcing and arranging samples of components
- Be proactive, self-starting and by capable of prioritising tasks within the project deliverables
- Investigate potential new technologies / techniques that could benefit NPD and products
- Ensure that projects comply with current legislation, Health and Safety regulations, and strict compliance with R&D Reliability and Document Control best practice
The successful Design Engineers will have a minimum qualification of a degree or equivalent in a design or engineering discipline and relevant experience in a design/engineering role.
You must be technically competent in a wide range of design/engineering skills and must have knowledge of new product development and product Introduction.
You will also have sound organisational, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills.
These roles allow any successful candidate to demonstrate your creativity and get involved in some exciting projects. You will need consumer product design experience combined with an innovative and inspiring approach to your work.
You must be capable of researching and evaluating new technologies and systems before devising, justifying, recommending and implementing solutions to complex projects your experience.
Salary for a Design Engineer will be £30K - £38K
Salary for the Senior Design Engineer £38K - £45K
Benefits include, Free parking, generous staff discount on all products, Pension scheme and free use of company gym.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529092