Group Financial Accountant
We are currently recruiting an ACA qualified Group Financial Accountant for a 9 month Fixed Term Contract based in Epsom.
You will work as part of the Group Financial Accounting team, contributing to the achievement of monthly, annual and ad-hoc group accounting tasks, facilitating the hospital service line month end close and promoting good financial control throughout the whole of finance. Applicants will have proven work experience in practice and industry with an understanding of current financial reporting standards (FRS102 or IFRS) and the ability to use a consolidation package such as SAP BPC, HFM, Cognos
- Work with the group finance team to complete year end, interim and final audit, group annual report (FRS102), subsidiary audits and statutory accounts and IXBRL tax tagging.
- Monthly tasks include running the group consolidation, interest accruals, pension accounting, net debt, covenant and cashflow reporting, contributing to group balance sheet review and commentary. Facilitating the month end close for 31 hospitals and preparing hospitals governance reporting. Reconciling group payroll.
- Other tasks include liquidations/strikeoffs of redundant group entities, providing technical accounting advice to other teams, updating policies and procedures and involvement in an ERP implementation.
To succeed you will possess the following attributes:
- Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Capable of working in an environment with substantial change
- Strong communicator and sharer of knowledge
- Able to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be passionate about balance sheet reconciliations and be able to communicate what good looks like to other finance colleagues
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
Interested? A bit more about us: Nuffield Health is the UK's largest health providers, operating as a not for profit organisation. It delivers services from more than 200 locations including Hospitals, Physiotherapy, Fitness and Wellbeing clubs, Health Assessment Centres and client workplaces. We provide clinical, fitness and wellbeing services to the general public, private organisations, and the NHS. We have a unique approach to improving health in the UK, putting the quality of care and satisfaction of individuals and companies at the heart of what we do and, in the process, improving the health of millions of people.
Location:Our Support Centre is located in the heart of the town - 5 minutes' walk from Epsom train station, which is just 35 minutes from London Waterloo and 46 minutes from London Victoria.
Benefits: We're a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you'll enjoy more than a competitive salary. We offer flexible working to make the most of every day and development opportunities to make you feel respected, trusted, and valued. We offer fantastic employee benefits including gym membership of our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, a free onsite gym at Epsom offering exercise classes and discounted personal training, an annual health assessment, an interest free season ticket loan, a Cycle to Work Scheme and a Retirement Savings Plan.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527880