Antenna Design Engineer
We require an experienced and self-motivated individual to work within the engineering department of this fast moving and agile business. Working within a small multi-disciplined engineering department, they will be responsible for the electrical design of microwave antennas predominately between 1 and 20 GHz. Experience of antenna measurements using a spherical near field test chamber would be an advantage.
- Design and development of microwave antennas primarily in the 1 - 20GHz range from concept through to production, to defined specifications, within short timescales and to fixed budgets, including:
- oRF design using of CST Microwave Studio.
- oLiaison with the Mechanical and Production Engineering teams in the development of final product.
- oBuilding of prototypes and pre-production units
- oAntenna measurements using the near field spherical test chamber.
- Planning project work to:
- oensure that adequate time is given to source all necessary components and meet required deliveries.
- oprovide regular progress updates and adequate warnings of likely delays.
- Develop new antenna design concepts to support cost reduction and performance enhancements for existing and future products.
- Provide technical support to other departments and customers
- Ensure that internal procedures are adhered to, in line with Quality Standards and Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience and Personal Qualities:
- 3 years + experience of working in an antenna design/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in microstrip based antenna design within the frequency range 1 - 20GHz
- Experience of computational modelling using CST Microwave Studio
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work within a fast moving environment, undertaking multiple small projects concurrently and operating to relatively short timescales
- Must have a meticulous, thorough and positive approach to work
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have good team and collaborative inter team working skills.
- Knowledge and experience of alternative antenna technologies and experience at VHF/UHF or higher frequencies.
- Good practical skills
- Experience of other computational modelling tools (e.g. HFSS, Concerto, FEKO)
- Experience of dealing with customers
- Experience of SolidWorks and AutoCad.
- Experience of Visual Basic for Applications.
Minimum of BEng 2:1 or equivalent in an engineering discipline although experience will be taken into account.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527764