Senior Network Programmer
Over the past 30 years at Codemasters, we have consistently developed innovative and successful award-winning racing games. Our Southam racing studio has a rich and unrivalled heritage of multiple award-winning racing games such as the GRID and DiRT franchises, and these titles embody our cornerstones of passion, quality, continuous innovation, and an all-encompassing ambition to be the world leader in what we do.
Working in a passionate close-knit team that ensures your voice doesn?t get lost in the crowd, you will deliver ?AAA? racing games within a studio that will value and recognise your contributions.
Join our talented and experienced team now to re-invent and shape Codemasters? most ambitious racing title ever, from its inception to a genre-defining experience. Our mission is to be the world?s number one racing games developer ? so if you share our ambition, please join us for the road ahead.
A character fit for this role would be a leader and problem solver who is highly driven and self-motivated, someone who pays strong attention to detail, has good team working skills and of course has a genuine passion for games.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- At least 5 years games industry experience
- Platform specific APIs & Protocols/Networking protocols
- Data Compression and RPC mechanisms
- Experience with network Gameplay programming and low level network programming
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- First rate coaching and mentoring skills
- Broad games programming experience (e.g. Game-play, AI, UI, Graphics etc)
- Knowledge/experience using C#, WCF and SQL
- Error handling and failsafe recovery
- Authentication and security
- An ideal candidate will be highly driven and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Good teamwork skills
- A passion for games
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527616