Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £42.50 Per Hour Ltd.
A Software Engineer is required to support the development of software applications for a ground-based Fast-Jet training system. The nature of the work performed is likely to be extremely varied but daily activities will involve working closely with other members of the Simulation Rapid Application Development Team and various Customers to perform software development and integration testing tasks. This will frequently necessitate dealing with challenging timescales, evolving requirements, and working with emerging technologies and novel concepts. Some limited off-site UK-based deployment for periods of up to one week may also be required to support integration testing and problem resolution activities, but this can be adapted to accommodate personal circumstances.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are likely to include:
- Working with other developers to conduct Systems Integration activities.
- Support independent testing of software applications developed by other team members and provide feedback regarding the results.
- Provide low-level estimates for tasks to assist in the overall scheduling of activities within an Agile software development context.
- Create software documentation
- Work with Customers, other Simulation teams, and individual team members
- Participate in independent quality reviews of developed applications.
- Support the provision of task status and performance reports to key stakeholders.
- Travel to Customer sites within the UK if necessary to support integration testing and problem resolution activities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Windows C++ Development
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Automated Testing
- Integration Testing
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Software Configuration Management
- Object Oriented Design techniques.
- Agile software development practices
- Hardware/Software integration
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959522774