Senior FEA Project Engineer
We are seeking a Senior FEA Project Engineer for a marine engineering consultancy Gloucester.
- Assessing complex structures and assemblies to ensure they satisfy client requirements.
- Manage analysis projects. Ensuring that the results are delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the appropriate quality criteria.
- Mentor and coach junior engineering staff within the FEA Team to assist them in the development of the technical solution to analytical projects.
- Provide a first point of contact with clients during a project to ensure queries are closed out within the shortest possible timeframe.
- Control external analytical resource to ensure the output is delivered on time, to the cost allowed and to the right quality.
- Quality control and internal auditing of the analytical process ensuring the project delivers the expected results to the appropriate standards.
- Provide support as necessary to the Head of Analysis to assist the customer.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts to the Project Manager to allow for accurate planning, reporting and estimating.
- Management of the technical risk, ensuring that all risks are actioned and mitigated as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years analytical experience.
- In depth knowledge of FEA techniques.
- Advanced user of either of the following: Nastran, Abaqus and Ansys.
- Design and project management processes.
- In depth knowledge of stress analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of steel fabrications and mechanisms.
key words: ansys mechanical stress engineer mechanical analysis stress analysis engineer fea engineer finite element engineer Nastran patran cdf computional fluid dynamics engineer cfd engineer mathematical modelling engineer stress engineer stress engineering thermal analysis engineer thermodynamics fluid dynamics ansys
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525903