Solutions Architect - Cloud Infrastructure
Join a newly created team as the Solutions Architect for Cloud Infrastructure. You will define and deliver the IT business solution plan and design for the coming years.
Based in East Manchester this company is a well know brand name and easily accessible from the major road networks.
As the Cloud Infrastructure specialist you will join an Architecture team that will design and delivery the future of the business IT strategy for a global business structure, sites and users.
You will be based in Manchester and focus on the following core tasks;
- Creation and maintenance of the road map and regulations guiding IT designs and implementation for cloud Architecture including architecture standards, business & technical architecture, gap analysis.
- Defining and maintaining architecture models, policies, strategies and road maps with focus on the applications and infrastructure landscape for cloud.
- Developing technology and application road maps by working closely with product owners and local country management.
- Driving technology innovation to specify improvements and changes to the IT estate that address evolving business challenges.
- Performing technology selection by working closely with the the business to define and agree the right technology and optimal solutions.
- Identifying and recommending areas appropriate for further study for future adoption of cloud technologies into the business.
- Leading solution design for new business requirements for your area of specialism within the team.
- Proposing and championing changes to the applications and infrastructure landscape that will reduce cost, risk or complexity for a specific business domain keeping the business at the forefront of technological competitiveness within our market.
To be considered for this exceptional vacancy based in East Manchester you will need to display the following competencies as an aspiring Solutions Architect.
- Proven experience and deep technical knowledge of Azure, AWS and broader cloud infrastructure
- Having worked as a specialist in these areas of application you will not necessarily be a proven architecture but have worked on delivery of appropriate design guidance and ongoing governance for change teams
- Knowledge of trends and innovations affecting the business domain amongst peers and competitors
- Ability to 'dive in' in technology in collaboration with the Business, BE and vendors
- Practical experience of TOGAF, IT4IT, ITIL, Agile methodology.
- Some knowledge of Office 365 and telephony/unified comms would be a nice to have but not a pre requisite
£55,000 - £60,000 basic salary
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523590