Senior Full-Stack Developer
Senior Full-stack Developer - cNegotiable - East London
The core stack is Clojurescript - Om/React on the front end, Node.js on the back end - with PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch to keep their data front and centre, Redis for sub-millisecond lookups, and Docker to keep everything on AWS running smoothly.
Youll be joining a small team and moving quickly - youll need the experience to make the right technical decisions to build fast, scalable tech that the business needs: everything from content acquisition to performance tuning, from UI changes to totally new product features.
You will be:
- Working with a small but high-quality product and technology team.
- Putting together major, brand new site functionality for both users and commercial partners.
- Keeping web servers lightning fast under any load they might experience.
- Turning ideas from the team into tangible features.
- Working with publisher and provider data to keep content flowing to their users.
- Staying on top of the latest developments to make sure theyre always using the best tools for the job.
- Ensuring that search clusters and database servers maintain peak performance as incoming content increases.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Youll know Node.js and React inside out, and whilst you may not have Clojurescript experience, youll be able to programme in several languages already.
- Youll have experience with large SQL databases; Elasticsearch experience isnt necessary, but its a big plus.
- Ability to quickly understand and use new tools and technologies.
- Strong technical background and a real interest in the cutting edge of development.
- Focus on fast, efficient solutions to real-world user problems.
- Deep understanding of data storage technologies, particularly in dealing with multi-terabyte datasets.
- Comfortable managing remote resources (AWS, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc.).
- Ability to make the right decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
Whats on offer:
- Real responsibility, and the freedom to get things done your way.
- Superstar team with flat hierarchy who make decisions quickly.
- A fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our revolution.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959528864