Hardware & Embedded Software Engineer
Innovative & Rapid Expanding Business in Wiltshire is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Hardware and Embedded Software Engineer to work in the company's Research and Development Department supporting existing products by creating software and hardware revisions.
How you day will look;
You will also develop new products, taking them right through the design process from requirements to type testing, manufacture and sales support. To stand out against the crowd, you will need to be a great communicator with strong attention to detail and align yourself to company behavioural values. Company expectations are to give 110% to the role.
- Delivery of hardware and software designed to requirements and delivered to plan.
- Design and verification of software.
- Development of embedded software for 8-bit and 16-bit micros in C with support and guidance from the team as required.
- Development of mixed low-frequency analogue and digital circuits for AC voltage measurement, current loop and various serial busses, including schematic capture, PCB layout and prototype testing.
- Any other duties the company may specify from time to time that are commensurate with the role.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you to have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of;
- Able to read, understand and communicate through technical specifications and drawings.
- Capable of working in a small team developing and maintaining existing products as well as working on their own projects.
- Sound theoretical of knowledge of analogue electronic design.
- Ability to accurately estimate work and deliver on commitments; able to plan and manage their own time.
The following knowledge and experience would be advantageous but is not essential;
- Design of software and hardware that facilitates automation of regression, functional and unit testing of products.
- Type testing of products for compliance with EMC, Safety, mechanical and environmental standards.
- Experience of working with protection or control equipment that is powered by and has inputs and outputs operating at 100V dc and/or 230V ac.
- Experience of Scrum as a way of working and coordinating effort.
- Common control hardware and protocols such USB, CAN, RS485 and SCADA protocols such as DNP3, IEC60870 and IEC61850.
- Experience of developing drivers for Linux PC or embedded applications.
A degree in electrical/electronic or software engineering or equivalent, is also desirable.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious and market-leading business in Wiltshire, with significant expansion plans for the coming years. You will receive a competitive salary, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Sick Pay, Employee Support & Pension.
You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an individual with real drive and ambition. Looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long-term opportunity, benefits and challenge. Focusing on staff wellbeing and personal technical development is very important to them.
Wish to apply? Please click on the apply button or contact me on **************
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529691