A Financial Accountant position with a world leading organisation. The company is looking for a suitable candidate to join their already very talented finance team.
The Group is built up of a number of companies have more than 150 years of experience. They are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Their refineries are found in five countries across the globe and collectively can produce more than six million tonnes of sugar. We also own and operate sugar mills in the United States, Mexico and Belize. As an expert in raw sugar procurement, our reach spans more than 40 countries and our network of partners and suppliers has never been stronger. Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
- Strive to be the first point of contact for the businesses entities for consolidation and financial reporting issues.
- Ensure balance sheet & profit & loss are properly controlled.
- Ensure that general ledgers for European Group and all subsidiaries are complete and accurate including review, for example, fixed asset ledger, A/P, intercompany, subsidiary ledgers etc.;
- Prepare, review and post journal entries to ensure accuracy of information.
- Ensure day-to-day accounting and reporting responsibilities are performed to a high standard.
- Ensure that monthly consolidation is prepared timely and reported to management.
- Prepare and feed in to European Group entity flash reporting on a monthly basis under tight deadlines.
- Responsible for the annual consolidation and preparation of the European Group and subsidiary audit reports.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Assist in monitoring statutory reporting requirements and ensure that the organization is in compliance.
- Assist in creating, implementing and maintaining global accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification of US GAAP and IFRS accounting guidance and coordinate implementation of all new pronouncements.
- Assure that accounting policies and procedures are properly reflected in financial statements received from subsidiary companies.
- Identify and monitor all US GAAP versus IFRS differences.
- Liaise with necessary stakeholders within European entities and the wider ASR Group to adopt and share best practices.
- Participate in special projects as required including implementation of software packages to drive efficiencies such as consolidation and planning tools etc.
- Be ACA or ACCA or similar qualification essential
- Ideally Big 4 or other global auditing firm experience required.
- Proficiency in IFRS; US GAAP proficiency preferred.
- Experience in preparation & reporting of monthly/quarterly/annual management results under tight deadlines required.
- Complex consolidation experience and financial statement preparation experience required.
- Experience in coordinating and managing day-to-day year-end audit activities.
- Experience in financial instruments and derivatives accounting preferred.
- SAP or other ERP skills required.
- Excel skills required.
- Experience in writing reports and developing management presentations required.
- Communication skills and ability to challenge ideas and decision where necessary, in a professional and diplomatic manner
The client is looking to pay in the region of £60,000 plus a car allowance as well as bonus and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524489