Lead Enterprise Architect
The Lead Enterprise Architect is an experienced professional providing technology architecture expertise and guidance across multiple business units, organizations & technology domains. This role will incorporate a strong consultant oriented approach working across business and technology teams to summarize the current environment and establish a target vision aligned with business and IT strategy. The Lead Enterprise Architect will lead efforts to align strategic investment planning & major programs for multiple business areas, as well as be responsible for defining and driving the enterprise architecture for a Clinical Cloud Platform
- Leading a team of solution, platform, and system architects on designing and implementing a multi-teared clinical technology platform
- Translate business strategy into a strategic investment portfolio
- Define / maintain Target Architectures in Roadmaps.
- Influence the technology strategy & technology investments that will realize the business strategy.
- Influence vendors & partners.
- Lead and/or assist efforts to scope and architect major change programs, leading strategic options analysis & proposing end-to-end solutions & highlighting trade-offs.
- Review ongoing designs of major programs to identify strategic opportunities and resolve design issues during delivery.
- Ensure projects align with strategic capabilities, target architectures & technology standards.
- Identify key technology enablers to optimize IT investment.
- Direct the research, analysis, design, proposal, and delivery of IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and IT strategies across the enterprise
- Responsible for having an advanced understanding of IT industry trends and enterprise standards and methodology. The role will be knowledgeable of the enterprise infrastructure and applications, and can be called upon to provide expertise in multiple areas
- Oversee the enterprise-wide effort to provide integrated systems analysis and recommendations on appropriate hardware, software, and communication links required to support IT goals and strategy. This may include overseeing the coordinating activities of the project team and assisting in the monitoring of project schedules and costs
- Formulate recommendations to resolve and document issues that arise in the architecture. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture
- 10+ years relevant technology architecture experience - including evidence of leading efforts to shape strategic investment portfolios and to scope & architect major programs.
- Demonstrated experience of leading virtual teams made up of business and technology resources.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Strong communication and influencing skills - with demonstrated experience of actions put into place based on presentation to business & technology executives (VP of Engineering, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Unit Leads)
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Experience creating & maintaining Architecture Roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience of identifying and leading forward process improvements.
- Experience working with the design, integration and/or support of vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks & industry models (TOGAF, ITIL and BIAN).
- Experience working with EA tools
Experience architecting solutions using MS Azure (PAAS/IAAS)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524114