Huntswood, a Best Companies Employer, is the UK's leading specialist resourcing and consultancy firm focused on governance, risk and compliance in the areas of regulatory conduct and financial crime.
We are recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join our Finance team. The role is based in Reading.
Salary up to £35000 per annum.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Working within the Commercial Finance Team, you will play a key role in providing Management Accounts (MA) and Management Information (MI) to support decision making within the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Finance Manager with month end tasks and producing the Management Accounts.
- Management of internal project pipeline forecasting.
- Gather and analyse financial information for internal use
- Project margin analysis
- Internal project tracking
- Business unit variance analysis
- Assist in the production of month end reporting packs for business units.
- Providing analysis for the Board Reports
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance with various finance tasks - budget / forecasting support
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance / Finance Director with any ad hoc requirements
- A desire to attain a recognised accountancy body professional qualification - study support available.
- Possess a commercial outlook and have a desire to add value to the organisation
- Flexible attitude to embark on ad-hoc projects with tight deadlines
- An analytical mindset and ability to demonstrate competent use of VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs, Pivot Tables (advanced Excel skills are essential)
- Meticulous, accurate and good attention to detail
- Have a logical, structured approach to allow clear presentation of information
- An enthusiasm to learn, acquire new skills and a desire to contribute.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-growing Professional Services or Recruitment business.
- Some exposure to SQL
- This role requires an individual who is conscientious, motivated, prepared to have a hands-on approach and can work independently on their own as well as being a good team player
To work with Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523029