Senior Engineer (Control & Instrumentation)
Senior Engineer (Control & Instrumentation) - Shipbuilding, Oil & Gas OR Nuclear
A Senior Engineer with Control & Instrumentation experience is required to work on a eighteen month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Defence client based in Scotstoun.
This is a 18-month contract working for a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Senior Engineer (Control & Instrumentation) contract role
A Senior Engineer with Control & Instrumentation experience is required to work for our defence client in Scotstoun on their naval vessels.
- Provide "at elbow" support to production and test and commissioning during the construction of the ships.
- Work with the shipyard teams to proactively identify, and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Draw on the expertise of the wider engineering team, including DDAs, where required, to ensure issues are correctly resolved and embodied into the design
- Support Production in the interpretation of engineering information
- Provide engineering expertise during key activities and evolutions as appropriate to the discipline (e.g. shafting, hvac balance, cable reeve and termination, critical seat installation etc)
Key skills required for the Senior Engineer (Control & Instrumentation)
- Marine background would be beneficial but will consider Oil & gas and Nuclear experience too
- Control and Instrumentation experience
- Degree qualified
The role is based at Scotstoun in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh.
If you are a Senior Engineer with Control & Instrumentation looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on ************************* or phone **************
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959530307