Profesional Education Delivery Manager
Durham Professional Services is looking to recruit a Professional Education Delivery Manager in Glasgow City Centre. This role will be instrumental in ensuring that overall operational, financial and business process management for Professional Education remains robust. The delivery manager will need to have significant expertise in managing the entire delivery of a directorate through planning, operations, financial and technical functions. The Professional Education area is a strong revenue centre and as such the Delivery Manager needs to be able to assess the income streams, profitability and be able to articulate the financial, tax and business aspects to business partners across our clients Finance and Customer Services.
Salary for this role is Â£50,000 - Â£55,000 plus additional benefits
As a business partner to the Professional Education team, you will assess departmental performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy as well as supporting the development and execution of professional education operational, commercial and financial propositions, creating a financially sustainable business model. Â In addition you will:-
- Lead the Professional Education directorate in interfacing with CHQ functions (including Finance and Customer Services) to ensure alignment of educational support products and solutions to finance processes (e.g. bundling of solutions) and customer delivery.
- Establish and optimise process for business planning across the professional education department, which on a rolling basis delivers detailed insight on all financial elements of all the products and solutions for the next 5 years.
- Be responsible for defining, tracking and reviewing the financial and performance reports required to support the accurate measurement and ongoing monitoring of the success of the products and solutions across professional education.
- Manage the relationship with the clients finance team; this includes accountability for the explanation of product cost and income variances, as well as providing timely inputs in to the quarterly reforecast process.
- Work with the Finance team to develop appropriate finance processes for the delivery of Professional Education products and solutions.
- Contribute to the development of financial requirements for each of the Professional Education suppliers and contractors involved in the supplier procurement process.
- Contribute to the delivery of processes required to develop appropriate B2C and B2B models from an operational and finance perspective to support rollout of the new product and maximise benefit. This will require management of inputs from multiple business areas and responding to competing needs and wants of product stakeholders.
- Be part of the professional education team leading commercial discussions with suppliers during procurement to obtain the most favourable commercial terms for delivery of the product and work closely with the relevant teams to achieve this.
- Create detailed financial and commercial requirements with Procurement for the RFP process in order to ensure that sufficient control and rigour is built in to supplier contracts. This will include defining supplier service levels and the service improvement escalation process.
- Manage the existing contracts for all professional education products and solutions. Taking on-going responsibility for measuring the effectiveness of the suppliers and the services provided, ensuring that achieving best-value is the focus throughout. This process will also include formal quarterly supplier performance reviews.
Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in this role it is expected that applicants will have the following skills and experience: -
- Significant experience in a strategic and departmental level financial and business planning role, preferably in an education and learning environment but not essential
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent and a professionally qualified accountant
- Proven commercial skills that are appropriate to the delivery of technology and education focussed products and solutions
- Strong experience and understanding of the RFP process - including defining requirements and development of commercial terms
- Proven ability of identifying opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and establish rapport and credibility with a range of stakeholders, internally and externally
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and deliver to a high standard
- Experience of working with the minimum of supervision to deliver high quality outputs to tight timescales
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527064