Deputy Manager - Food Retail
Co-op Welcome Store, in Marchwood has a unique opportunity available for a Deputy Manager to join the team. The role is a permanent full time position with a competitive salary including staff discount scheme.
We are proud to say that Welcome Stores were awarded Best Multiple Store at the National Retail Convenience Awards 2016.
As a growing partner of a major supermarket brand, we're looking for an enthusiastic and positive Deputy Manager to support the store manager in motivating, managing and developing the team to deliver high standards and great customer service, maximising store performance
Key Responsibilities of the Deputy Manager:
- Manage and supervise colleagues during your shift
- Be a role model and lead the team to work together to provide an exceptional customer experience setting Co-op Welcome Stores apart from our competitors
- Ensure continued and sustainable growth in our business through managing and developing people
- Support the operational management of the store to ensure a safe, legal and high-performing business, whilst taking overall responsibility in the absence of the store manager
- Handle deliveries to make sure our shelves are never empty, manage cash and assist the store manager to deliver across all their operational areas.
- Promote Co-op Welcome by identifying and actioning opportunities to engage with and support the local community to create a unique point of difference, an area we positively encourage.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required from our Deputy Manager:
- Proven team leader or supervisor experience within a food retail or similar fast-paced operation
- Committed to achieving and sustaining exceptional customer service standards
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise effectively
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to take appropriate action and make decisions
- Committed to promoting collaborative working
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a positive attitude
- Personal Licence Holder (or able to obtain and hold a licence within 16 weeks of appointment)
- Committed to develop own skills and apply learning to improve own performance
We offer our Deputy Manager the following benefits;
If you love the pace of retail and providing great customer service, as well as a sense of personal achievement in developing yourself and your people, then the Deputy Manager role could be the career for you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and colleague discount schemes.
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Deputy Manager.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525620