Engineering Manager based in Cumbria, North West
Engineering Manager focusing on the strategy of equipment maintenance across the site and developing a continuous improvement culture across the maintenance and engineering team.
My client are a market leading engineering and manufacturing business based in Cumbria.
The successful Engineering Manager will be required to ensure operational success across output, yield, cost and quality, leading a team of group leaders and engineers to do so. Responsibilities will include:
* Establishing strategy for equipment maintenance that is both cost effective and compliant with the site QMS
* Establishing systems and procedures to ensure maximum utilisation of all equipment, supporting the achievement of production metrics in doing so
* Driving continuous improvement initiatives across site - reducing downtime, increasing efficiency's etc.
* Managing the department budget and investment spend to ensure successful site maintenance and continual improvement
* Developing staff across the engineering function through the provision of training
* Ensuring group policies comply with HSE legislation and company policy
The successful Engineering Manager will have a background in leading site maintenance in a high paced manufacturing environment. You will be:
* HNC/HND/Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
* Experienced in managing maintenance teams
* A strong people manager, with the ability to build relationships at all levels
* Knowledgeable with Continuous Improvement techniques - Lean, Six Sigma, TPM
* Experience in clean rooms, highly regulated industry or semiconductors would be beneficial
£45,000 to £50,000 plus bonus plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523003