Principal Engineer - Electric Motor / Electric Machine
Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine ? Permanent, Birmingham, Staffordshire £45,000 - £65,000 circa + Excellent Benefits package
We are seeking a Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine to join a world leading provider of technology, product innovation, engineering solutions and strategic consulting to the world's automotive industries with a network of technical centres worldwide.
The Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine will report to the Chief Engineer - Electric Machine (s), the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven capability and experience in electric machine design and development roles. The work will involve designing and developing high performance brushless rotating electric machine (s) for innovative electric and hybrid powertrains.
The candidate should be capable of working from broad requirements and be able to communicate thoughts and ideas to other technical specialists within a multi-disciplined team.
This role is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious ?hands on? engineer within a developing department.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine / Motor will include:
- Interpretation of electric machine, motor machine & machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications.
- Conceptual design from first principals applied to permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
- Progressing machine designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models and supporting engineering documentation, through to participating in prototype build, testing and validation.
- Generation and execution of machine specific test plans, engineering documentations, coordinating investigation and undertake analysis where necessary to resolve performance issues.
- Establish and maintain specialist design tools and methodologies to support electrical machine design.
- Supervising technical support staff during machine assembly and test.
- Support Business Development in winning new business, representing the Company at supplier, partner and customer locations, both in the UK and overseas.
- Generation and formal review of technical documentation from the design process.
Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine / Motor Requirements:
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Relevant postgraduate training would be an advantage.
- Experience of quick-sizing with emphasis on electromagnetic and thermal performance of electrical machines.
- Experience in designing and developing high performance brushless rotating electrical machines, typically including permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
- Experienced and familiar with using a range of electromagnetic FEA tools together with other machine design tools.
- Understanding and experience of all mechanical aspects that influence the design of rotating electrical machines. This would extend to a familiarity with CAD analysis tools.
- Experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to rotating electrical machines.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. German language skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined project team but also to work alone unsupervised to complete tasks on time and within budget.
- Highly-motivated, confident in customer facing situations.
- Able to share skills and to develop others.
If interested in the role of Principal Engineer ? Electric Machine then please contact Wilson Leung at Unknown Recruitment and send an up-to-date WORD CV.
All correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523222