Mid-Level Software Developer (All-Rounder)
As a member of the Software Development team, the successful candidate will contribute to the design, build and maintenance of industry-leading business solutions. As a Software Developer you will work with product managers, architects and other developers to analyse requirements, document designs, and build solutions that contribute to the growth of the company portfolio.
- Create applications and features that conform to best practice coding standards, make optimal use of advanced framework capabilities, and have full unit test coverage
- Work with testers to help define the approach for testing of new deliverables, and resolve in a timely fashion any issues discovered during the testing process
- Provide product support, which includes educating colleagues in the use of new product features, as well as analysing and resolving issues reported by project teams and customers
Produce technical documentation as required
You will work in the company's Leeds office with a small but growing team of colleagues.
You will be a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in teams that may be spread across a number of different locations. As well as having 3 years commercial experience of software development, you will:
- Be a quick learner and keen to embrace new technologies and development frameworks
- Be a clear communicator and team player
- Be able to work under your own initiative
- Be able to write documents in clear English
- Have a talent for problem solving and a well-organised approach to work
- Applicants should be aware that some occasional travel may be required to regional offices -This will be infrequent and for short periods.
The successful candidate must have commercial experience of software development, and demonstrable development experience using modern frameworks, coding standards and techniques.
- Experience developing in Java or C#
- Familiarity with object-oriented design
- Understanding of libraries, frameworks, UML, test driven development
- Experience with an MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Struts, .Net)
- Proven ability to analyse and maintain existing code
- Understanding of database principles and generic SQL
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Exposure to or experience working with Salesforce
- Understanding of NodeJS
- Experience of Git, SVN or equivalent source control system
- Experience in test driven development & writing of unit tests
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521430