Senior DevOps Engineer - Hertfordshire
Senior DevOps Engineer – Puppet – Chef – Docker – Jenkins – AWS – Azure. Established, Award winning provider automated software solutions seeks to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer for their office in Hertfordshire. The client is the number one supplier of fraud solutions to leading companies within the finance and retail sectors, as part of their growth the company is building an automated infrastructure engineering team and the successful Senior DevOps Engineer will work with the Head of Engineering to grow this department and take full autonomy for the growth of this area. Opportunity to influence, architect and take responsibility for this department in the medium term.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will;
- Introduce and be responsible for the deployment of environment associated with development, testing and production.
- Manage integration systems used to deploy software products
- Influence and manage changes to tools used by development teams
- Create cloud test/development environments for testing and development teams
- Setup Azure / AWS environments
- Provide advice on new technologies and methods and become technology expert with these tools
The Senior DevOps Engineer will have:
- Experience working within a DevOps Engineering department
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience of scripting tools such as; Python, Perl or Ruby
- Experience of cloud tools; Azure & AWS
- Experience working within Windows and Linux environments
The Senior DevOps Engineer will assist the organisation with the adoption of cloud based development environments introducing new tools and processes. In return the successful DevOps Engineer will be given the freedom to influence, introduce and build a cloud based engineering team around them which will see the Senior DevOps Engineer managing a cloud based engineering team within 12 months.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77600362