Senior Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Senior Planning Engineer - Aberdeenshire.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Rail Division as a Senior Planning Engineer to be based in Inverurie, with travel to Glasgow. You will need to have Primavera P6 experience and have worked on rail projects (in particular civils, track experience, ideally also with signalling and M&E experience).
Your key activities will include:
• Develop detail within a program, and coach / support others.
• Resource and cost load programs
• Update and monitor progress within the working program, and coach / support others.
• Introduce and analyse change in a program.
• Undertake checks for program robustness.
• Produce and communicate program information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs.
• Coach and mentor others in the use of planning software, principally P6.
• Advise on the use and application of short-term programs, and coach / support others.
• Undertake analytical assessment of programs.
• Evaluate supply chain programs.
• Establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting.
• Assimilate and interpret information from tender documentation.
• Contribute to tender written submission.
• Communicate and transfer tender knowledge to project team.
• Develop and maintain a 4D program.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
• Collect and distribute feedback, and coach / support others.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Comply with business procedures and systems.
You will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Successful previous experience in a role as Planning Engineer.
• Graduate civil engineer, preferably qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level (or equivalent); additional qualifications in planning are desirable, but not essential.
• A broad experience, to at least sub agent level, of a wide range of civil engineering construction, with sound commercial knowledge and a strong understanding of methods and typical production rates.
• A thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• A proven ability to produce and manage comprehensive, robust programmes in P6; the ability to use Chainlink, Tilos, PRA and 4D software is also an advantage.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and experience in coaching others.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
• A thorough knowledge of company policy on all matters relating to safety and environmental construction procedures.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.