Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
My client are a large Financial Services based in City of London, the Private Equity (PE) service provides independent valuation and performance reporting solutions to investors in unlisted equity and private placement or hard to value debt.
The successful candidate will be working in a fast paced environment. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address PE business needs by working within a team of application/web developers (in multiple global locations), business analysts and business stakeholders in developing applications. You will need significant experience in web application development using web front-end technologies. You will play a key role in conceptualizing new ideas, design, development, and testing of front-end business web applications.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work closely with Product stakeholders and highlight issues and risks proactively.
- Participate in agile product development throughout SDLC phases.
- Do hands-on development in the web application space utilizing software programming and user interface best practices and design patterns. Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, understand the business problems and should be able to convert those into solutions.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases into technical designs and development tasks, including ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions. Be able to recommend "best in class" solutions, designs or even outsourcing options.
- Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and offer new ideas and approaches.
- Understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application.
- Develop software of high quality and in time efficient manner.
- Organize peer reviews for designs, code, and other work products.
- Enforce quality standards including: code conventions, unit testing, static analysis, revision control.
- Coordinate with QA/QC staff for product functional and system testing.
- Recommend product, process, and tooling improvements.
- Maintain and support all areas of the application.
Commercial experience in the following is required:
- Experience with Angular 2/4 and the Angular CLI.
- Experience with NPM and the Node ecosystem.
- Knowledge of compile to JS libraries like coffescript/livescript desirable.
- Knowledge of creating production ready builds using Grunt/Gulp desirable.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors like LESS/SASS desirable.
- Understanding of SOA and/or REST desirable.
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and application layer s desirable.
- Experience on mobile web development desirable.
- Experience with UX / Usability work streams and best practices as well as Responsive Design.
- Knowledge of core Java / Spring.
- Persistence: Hands-on development on SQL is a plus.
Configuration and Build Management
Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Gitlab, Maven, Junit.
Databases & Application Servers
Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other enterprise RDBMS.
OS / Environment
AWS, Linux, Docker.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523141